ParrotGirl's Bird World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A family-friendly forum to discuss the care and breeding of parrots and other birds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finches & similar roll call

Go down 
AuthorMessage
catalinadee

catalinadee

Finches & similar roll call  Empty
PostSubject: Finches & similar roll call    Finches & similar roll call  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 am

Let's see some finches and other similar birds in here! This includes canaries, finches of all kinds and other similar birds like weavers. All you have to do is write out a little info and post Very Happy

Name:
Species:
Mutation:
Picture:

It's as easy as that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DeesBirdHouse
catalinadee

catalinadee

PostSubject: Re: Finches & similar roll call    Finches & similar roll call  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 3:26 pm

I have absolutely no clue about canary mutations, all I know is red yellow white and green so my mutation guesses are AWFUL

Name: Vinny
Species: Fife canary
Mutation: Variegated
Personality: Only a baby still, very calm and relaxed. Still with clutch mates currently and is very gentle even though he/she is the eldest
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Name: Chloe
Mutation: Yellow lipochrome
Personality: Stereotypical male canary (ignore the name, didn't sing for ages) who is very fiesty and loud

Name: Chime
Mutation: Green
Personality: Very loud and extremely flirtatious! He's definitely the ladies man Wink

Name: Flow
Mutation: Variegated
Personality: Mean, aggressive and nasty to just about everybody but she's a really good mom Very Happy

Name: Josie
Species: Mule
Mutation: Green
Personality: Same as Flow, very aggressive to other birds and so has to be kept apart but she too is a brilliant mom

Name: Lemon
Mutation: Yellow and white?
Personality: Lemon likes to woo the ladies and has a song to die for, but he's a little bit strange and he's not very good at raising babies and so has to be kept away once they have hatched
Back to top Go down
catalinadee

catalinadee

PostSubject: Re: Finches & similar roll call    Finches & similar roll call  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:59 pm

I wont post for everybody being as I have a lot of finches and most don't have names because each one is extremely hard to identify. I do usually name every single bird I have, obviously, but with all of the aviary birds I have found it quite difficult when it comes to having so many finches. I currently have 8 zebra finches, 2 normal females, 1 pied female, 2 pied males, 1 fawn female and 2 normal males. I had 12 as a friend had 7 she needed to get rid of because they were taking up space from last years young. I didn't need all of them for my breeding so when somebody asked if she could buy a canary, then some finches, then another canary AND a budgie from me at first I said I had no finches available. But then again I didn't need so many at the time so I happily gave them a home I can keep in touch with! I dropped them off with two canaries and they all share a lovely cage. They had a bowl of seeds, a bowl of egg food and a bowl of all kinds of fresh foods too so I had no issue there Very Happy Two of my zebras have names, 2 passed away earlier this year, Soots we still have but Sweeps passed away, they were my first pair. Then their daughter Aya passed away a few months ago and her partner Bob was left over. I can't even pick him out of my flock now! So only two have names. I don't know anything about either pairs origins or anything like that. They have fantastic little personalities and go well in any aviary or cage set up. They're lovely to have around and make the sweetest noise while flying Razz

Just some photos of them

Sorry I can't do it like a proper roll call Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finches & similar roll call    Finches & similar roll call  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finches & similar roll call
Page 1 of 1