ParrotGirl's Bird World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A family-friendly forum to discuss the care and breeding of parrots and other birds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I love you Shep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catalinadee

catalinadee

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 am

I know he's not a bird, but I hope it's okay I can put this in the rainbow bridge section

I'm having my dog of almost 17 years put down at 11:30 this morning. He hasn't been too good for a while but we'd always blamed it on his age. He was blind and deaf so he'd often trip up and/or fall over. This wasn't anything new to us. We all expected him to go really, but we never knew when. He should of gone years ago looking at him but he's always been fiesty. All of a sudden over the last few days he lost so much weigh it was painful to even look at him, you could see it under his big bushy coat. He stopped eating and stopped going for his walks. Last night he was collapsed half in and half out of his bed, I knew it wasn't right. I yelled for Jack and asked him to help me get him up. For the next few hours we sat with him, he kept falling over, blacking out even. Nothing like the slip ups he'd had before. He couldn't hold his head up and would suddenly pass out again. Jack sat with him making sure he wasn't left alone while I told my family who didn't even seem to care at the time, apparently I've finally gotten through to them. I had a full blown arguement with everybody and they told me to leave him alone and let him die in his sleep. I said he couldn't sleep and as a member of this family he shouldn't have to suffer any longer, if any of them became ill or were dying, we'd call an ambulance so why on earth couldn't my dog get the same treatment. I went to bed earlier, in a foul mood, crying my eyes out. He needed a vet to put him down and end the suffering. Everybody can tell that he's going yet they all keep telling me he's okay. I'm not 3 years old any more, I know he's dying. Nan called the vet this morning and they're going to take him around the back to the animal hospital and have it done quickly. They were going to do it yesterday but everybody got vile with me because the vets wanted £280 because it was a holiday. Today they want £70. How disgusting is that?

It's weird, having an animal bought for you when you've barely been in the world for long and growing up with him. You never expect anything bad to happen to him and he's always there. He always knows when you're upset, he knows everything. And in his old age it hurt me a lot to just look at him. I always knew the time would come. Well now it has

I don't know what more to say really, I've been far too upset to even think about anything, he's having his grave dug in the garden as we speak and he doesn't understand what's going on

I love you Shep, you've always been a part of my life and you always will be

Rest in Peace when the time comes in an hour and ten minutes

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DeesBirdHouse
ParrotGirl (Admin)
Admin
ParrotGirl (Admin)

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:59 am

I'm so sorry Daisy, its so hard to lose someone you love.

And I totally agree, greedy people make me so sick, I've only ever met one vet I truly like and tought anything of, the rest were jerks.

And it perfectly fine to put it here even if he isn't a bird, he's a loved one just the same Very Happy

---<@Rest easy little one @>---
Back to top Go down
https://birdworld.forumotion.com
catalinadee

catalinadee

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 am

Thank you

I understand maybe paying a donation perhaps, just something for their time if you know what I mean, but why should I pay £280 for my dog to be killed? It's hardly fair. I can't believe it. I've only met one vet I liked and she put Joey down when he was too far gone with the psittacosis and she was absolutely amazing. She let me sit in her office until I calmed down too. The other guy I went to the second time literally just went 'you've come here to put them down' and I was like 'no I want you to check them over, I believe two of them are too far gone but you can give Hendrix a check over because his weight hasn't fallen off him yet' and he went 'do you want the carrier back?' and I was like 'yes, I bought it!' and he went 'fine, sit outside'. I was literally out there for about 4 minutes and he came out and slung the carrier at me. He'd killed all of them without any thing else said. Nothing at all, no tests nothing. I couldn't believe it! I hope this one treats Shep well
Back to top Go down
ParrotGirl (Admin)
Admin
ParrotGirl (Admin)

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:07 am

Yeah people like that make me sick, souless uncaring jerks.
Back to top Go down
https://birdworld.forumotion.com
sinistersquish

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:40 am

I loved little Sheppy, but i think that you made the right decision Daisy it was the right thing to do. im gunna miss him though Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
catalinadee

catalinadee

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you, it's really strange not having a dog around, it must be the first time in my life that I've been dogless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I love you Shep Empty
PostSubject: Re: I love you Shep   I love you Shep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I love you Shep
Page 1 of 1