ParrotGirl's Bird World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A family-friendly forum to discuss the care and breeding of parrots and other birds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The little turtles are home!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
catalinadee

catalinadee

The little turtles are home! Empty
PostSubject: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:30 am

Jack moved the rest of his stuff back over last night, he still has like two small boxes or so to bring back but for the time being my room is literally stacked up with boxes that need to be moved up the loft Rolling Eyes he bought the four small turtles back with him. We've got the Ouachita map turtle (Stan) and the three musk turtles (Squishy is the fully grown one, Squirt is catching up and Karl is still tiny)! I haven't been to Jack's in a while due to 'misunderstandings' with his family, so he's been looking after them there. We haven't moved our big yellow bellied slider over yet because there's nowhere to put her tank, we're taking her when we move home though Very Happy

Being as I haven't seen them for about two months, if a little bit more, I'm SUPER shocked to see how much they have all grown! Squishy was half the size of that last time I saw him and was only about the size of a 50p coin when we got him! Then there's Squirt, who is catching up but they were from the same clutch who we bought at the same time as Squishy and they were the same size! Unebelievable. I think we only bought them towards the end of last year as hatchlings. Then we have Karl, the smallest who we bought quite a few months back and he has grown a tiny bit but not a lot and nowhere near as fast as the others have. The most shocking for me though is Stan the Ouachita map. He was smaller than the musks when we first got him! He was PUNY! But now he's just as big as Squishy Shocked

Here they all are in the container coming home
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I know he's still not huge, but he is honestly triple if not more the size he was when we got him
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm sorry about the picture quality, my DSLR isn't charged up so I'm making my phone work hard, and my phone has a fantastic camera! But only in good lighting Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/DeesBirdHouse
ParrotGirl (Admin)
Admin
ParrotGirl (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Yay! I'm so glad you have them with you. They're all so cute, but I so love Stan's eye's lol! They really have grown Shocked Wow.
Back to top Go down
https://birdworld.forumotion.com
catalinadee

catalinadee

PostSubject: Re: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 5:09 am

He has the eyes of an IRN, scary and souless looking, but you know there's something that's gotta be going on in them lol! thank you though! I can't believe how big they are, it only feels like yesterday that they were so small I couldn't barely focus on them with my cameras Laughing
Back to top Go down
ParrotGirl (Admin)
Admin
ParrotGirl (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 am

hahaha

Yeah I remember when they were so tiny you could bearly pick them up Razz
Back to top Go down
https://birdworld.forumotion.com
sinistersquish

PostSubject: Re: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 am

1I'm just glad that we have them here so i can look after them more and yeah they have grown so much! I cant believe it myslef Surprised I just hope stan-lee doesnt get too much bigger Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
catalinadee

catalinadee

PostSubject: Re: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:00 am

Well, Ouachita maps tend to get quite big. I'd say about the size of a male RES
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The little turtles are home!   The little turtles are home! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The little turtles are home!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ParrotGirl's Bird World :: Other Animals-
Jump to: